Thursday, June 9, 2011

God is Good

For the last couple of weeks I have started going to physical therapy 3 times a week, 2 hours each session.  My PT is great, he's really encouraging, he's definitely helping me improve, but lets be honest..physical therapy sucks.  Just that simple.  I have to drive all the way to Florence, for 2 hours, for someone to MAKE me do a bunch of things that I don't want to do.  Yes, I know I need to do them, and the sooner I start the better, but lets be real-no one likes to be forced to do things.  It's much easier and simpler if we are able to do them on our own, at our own pace. BUT...would that lead us to any progress, and if so, would it be efficient progress?  I've come to the conclusion that as much as I gripe to my parents and Chad about having to truck all the way to McLeod EVERY Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, I'm still ultimately going to get dressed, lace up my tennis shoes, truck it on over to McLeod and DO it.  I guess it just makes me feel a little better to complain about it before hand, but regardless, i KNOW that I NEED to go, I HAVE to go, and it WILL make things better for me.

It's kind of the same concept with life.  There are many things that we need to do in our life, to help others, serve God, and follow His rules.  But many times, we get caught up in what WE want to do, instead of what we are suppose to be doing for HIM.  I hear so many times about people complaining about this and that, and saying "oh it just couldn't get any worse" and yes, myself included-I've muttered those same words several times, especially in the last year, but..even though it's hard for us to understand, and in all honesty I don't really think the human brain is capable of comprehending just how massive and powerful our God is, we just have to realize that God has a plan for everything and we HAVE to do for him, not ourselves.  God does not give us more than we can bare, and prayer is the best medication possible.

Also, this month will be 1 year since I was diagnosed with a rare auto-immune disease, Churg-Strauss Syndrome.  So far to date, we've been able to keep things under control with daily & weekly medications, but more importantly, lots and lots of prayers.  It's hard for people to understand exactly what this whole CSS thing is, and to be honest-I'm still learning everyday more and more about it, so I try to give people a basic run down of the whole thing without being too wordy and literally just explain it in simple terms.  I have found comfort in talking with a friend that just recently-around the same time as I-was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease very very similar to mine.  He's going through the same things that I deal with-the treatments, injections, medications, doctor appointments, physical therapy, and although my family and friends are more supportive than I can ask for, it's nice to be able to occasionally talk with someone that is literally experiencing the same thing that I am experiencing.  As the saying goes, it's hard to understand until you've walked in my shoes.  But I wouldn't change the support and understanding that I've gotten from my parents, sister, Chad, and all my other family and friends that have been there along the way, and I thank God each and every day for every single one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment