Thursday, March 3, 2011

hmmm.

*Please note that I did this blog post on 2 separate days, so sorry if it is a bit repetitive or doesn't seem to sound as good.

Tuesday-
So I have noticed that I have developed somewhat of a pattern with my blog postings here lately.  That they seem to be every couple of days, specifically Tuesdays and Saturdays? In my defense though, I had all intentions of updating yesterday but I've been ridiculously sick and although Chad and my dad keep telling me to go to the doctor, I still refuse to go, simply because I went last week, the week before that, and have been through 2 rounds of antibiotics, 2 bottles of cough medicine, and in all honesty I feel worse now than I did when I went to the Doctor 2 weeks ago.  I'm not sure what is going on but I have horrific sinus pressure in my face and its draining into my throat, causing me to feel like I'm literally loosing my voice.  Also, I've been coughing to the point I feel like my lungs are sore and there's so much crap in them, that's all you can hear when I cough.  I really don't know how Chad managed to sleep the other night with me coughing, blowing my nose, and constantly up and down literally all night long. Although, he has said the last 2 days that he has started to feel icky, so I hope whatever germs I have, that I haven't given it to him.  I did come to an agreement with both of them though that if I hadn't made any improvement by tomorrow, I would drag myself yet again to the doctor. It gets kinda sad when you go to the doctor so much that the pharmacist at the drug store knows you by name and doesn't even need your information to look your stuff up in the computer.

Thursday-
Now it's Thursday and my dad took me to the doctor yesterday because he was worried that all this stuff I had going on had the potential to lead to pneumonia, which is something that my body would have a hard time fighting off due to the immune suppressant drugs that I have to take weekly to keep my CSS in remission. So the doctor did x-rays of my chest and my sinuses. Luckily he said that he did not see any pneumonia in my lungs (big thanks to the man upstairs!), however my sinuses looked horrible. He game me a bunch of different things to use, (nose sprays, inhalers, cough meds, high powered anti biotics, and a steroid shot) And I must say, that I am feeling better.  I could tell last night that I felt like I was improving.  When I got up this morning, I was coughing some, but I think it was b/c maybe while I slept the junk had settled a bit in my chest and when I got up moving around, it was doing the same. However, I took my daily meds and after coughing up a bit of nasty stuff, I must admit that I am feeling much better. Last night was the first night I got some decent sleep in 2 weeks. I think when I went to sleep, about 12ish, I didn't move, roll over, or anything until about 4:30 this morning when I had to get up to use the bathroom. Chad ended up sleeping on the couch all night.  Poor thing-he hasn't been feeling good at all. I have a sinus infection/bronchitis, so I know those aren't contagious so whatever he has is different that what I have.  He seems to have been running a fever, real achy, congested, and just not feeling good so I've been giving him Tylenol, cough meds, and benadryl to try to help feel a little bit better but he says it's not working. I hope he's not getting the flu but he insist that he won't go to the doctor so I don't know what else I can do to help him!

Anyways, over the weekend, Chad and his partner Jerry came in 2nd for their fishing tournament! They both came home with big trophies and a grin from ear to ear! That's the 2nd week in a row Chad and Jerry have had success in their tournaments.  Also, they only missed 1st place (and winning a couple thousand dollars!) by only 1/2 a pound! I was super proud of them though!

In other news, I was reading over the scnow website and came across an article that I found pretty interesting.  The school district where I use to work last year before I got sick, is in a huge financial mess.  Therefor they are eliminating 19 positions in their district, as well as all principals. How crazy is that? I found it to be pretty interesting the principal that I had gone round and round all year with last year, the same principal that caused me so many problems (not to mention all the other faculty and staff) will no longer be a principal come March 14. Let me just say that I don't wish bad things on anyone, but those of you that know the struggles and problems that I went through with this principal will understand where I am coming from. Karma is bitch, and what goes around-comes around.  I hope all the teachers and  students can now breathe a sigh of relief knowing that the rest of the school year should be a little better for them now. 

Also, I think me and Chad have decided on what TV we are going to get.  After reading alot of reviews, price shopping, and talking with others, we have decided on a Vizio 47' LCD Flat Screen.

All the reviews that I have read seem to be pretty good, and for the price that we have found it for, I don't think we could get a better deal.  Does anyone have any suggestions or comments about Vizio products or what their opinion of this brand is? I'd be curious to know what y'all think!

Also, Chad's birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, and I've decided that for his birthday, I will be getting him the new iphone 4. We both have Verizon and since he is due for an upgrade, and Verizon is now carrying the iPhone, I thought that it would be a great birthday present!


On a bit of a sadder note, today marks 8 years since my grandmother has passed away.  I know 8 years seems like a long time, but I still miss her just as much today as I did 8 years ago.  She was the only grandparent that I really had and she meant the world to me.  I had a very hard time when she passed away and struggled with her death for quite some time.  Even to this day, I still get teary eyed when I talk about her.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her, but I know she is in Heaven smiling down on our family and watching us everyday.  I've even had several dreams to where I would see her and the dreams were those that feel so so real that it's almost scary.  About 2 years after she died I decided I wanted to do something that would help me to always keep her near and dear to my heart.  So I know some people may not understand but I got a tattoo of a hummingbird on my foot.  Hummingbird's were her absolute favorite and it took me a long time to decide what exactly I wanted, and to find one that I really liked.  Now every time I look at it, it always makes me smile and I know she is always watching over me.  I can't wait to see her again one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment